I've received an E-Mail from Chris Coyier some days ago:
December 15, 2012
Thanks for being such an awesome community member on CodePen. I don't know if you saw, but I toggled your account over to have PRO features. It's in beta. We aren't doing a very good job of keeping it a secret but that's the idea for at least until next week.
The feature list is here:
Would love to hear any thoughts or bugs you find (as usual)! =)
How awesome is that? Fucking awesome indeed!
What I love!
1. Private Pens
Finally I don't have to use (very slow) jsfiddle again, because I can work on my stuff in private and release it later. Nice.
2. Pro & Hire Me buttons
It feels so professional, but it's just a bunch of stupid buttons, right? Awesome!
3. Two new Share options: Professor & Collab
You can share a link to Professor/Collab mode with the share button.
So what's the difference?
As a Professor you can teach a class and the user can chat with you.
In Collab you can programm with other people on the same code and you can chat with each other.
What do you get?
6 new features
- Private Pens - Keep Work Secret
- Live View - Auto Updating Previews Across Browsers / Devices
- Hire me button - Freelance
- Professor Mode - Teach a Class
- Collab Mode - Pair Programming
- Multiple External Resources - Add as many resources as you like
+ Bonus stuff
- All advertisements will be removed for you and for others viewing your profile
- Your work stands a higher chance of being featured through CodePen's algorithms
- Fucking awesome PRO button on your profile page / lists :D
What are you waiting for? GET PRO!
This is the chance of your life! Do it now.